Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Paragraph #2: The Hunger Games

Quote #1: "I'm not as good as my father was, but he'd had more practice" (Collins 89).
Quote #2: "My throat releases the tears and they slide down my cheeks" (Collins 235).

I'm not as good as my father was, but he'd had more practice. He could comfort me at a moments notice and get me back up again to take another hit. It didn't matter what was going on or where I was. He would always find me. I didn't have to worry back then when I was small and I had my entire life before me. I would toss and turn in my bed having nightmares about monsters but now I have nightmares about this months bills. I was never good with budgeting and it was too late to ask for help. I had been cut off and I had my chance. I chose to leave my family behind and start fresh so I only had myself to blame. I work at a daycare now and I look after the toddlers. They remind me of myself when my dad would take care of me and now I was following in his footsteps. Today, a little girl came up to me and said that she needed help because she was scared there was a monster in the toy bin and at that moment my throat released the tears and they slid down my cheeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment